I’m not saying that I’m an experienced medical doctor or have a degree in psychology or anything like that, hell I only just started university but I do know that in my short life that I have considerably dealt with a lot of stress over time and i must accept that stress is a nasty part of life that we all have to experience and come across from time to time. And yes, it is extremely uselessly painful and even more so, stress is something that accumulates and if it isn’t dealt with or reduced properly it can ruin you.
There are so many incidents where people have made themselves go crazy, committed suicide or felt that they had to give up on their lives’ because of the extreme effect that stress had on their lives and the control that drove them to insanity.
|U.S Stress Statistics||Data|
|Percent of people who regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress||77 %|
|Regularly experience psychological symptoms caused by stress||73 %|
|Feel they are living with extreme stress||33 %|
|Feel their stress has increased over the past five years||48 %|
No matter how negative and ugly stress may seem to be it can be controlled, you should never think that it can’t and never give it the power to consume and ruin you.
A few ways that have helped me to deal with stress as I’ve grown up would be:
- Deep Breaths in and out/meditation – this helps in keeping me stable and in making me direct my thoughts and calm my nerves.
- Moving away from the source of stress and discomfort
- Focusing on the task at hand and its completion
- Spend time on things that make me happy and calm, i.e. music and art
- Going for a walk/run
- Seeking professional help for chronic stress
- Talking to a trusted person or friend to exert my feelings to
- Drinking tea
Most of these things that i have listed i have done so because they are what i have tried myself and have at times personally helped me to deal with my own anxiety and stress, and in which, I am certain will continue to help me later on in my life as well.